A Little About Me

 You would probably want to know the basics of the person you will start reading posts from: 

My name is Megan Oliver; I am a 22-year-old, a mother to a one-year-old daughter, I am engaged and have been for two years, I am a younger sister, a daughter to a set of divorced parents, an in-law, and many other things. I am a Type 1 Diabetic and have been for most of my life. This piece is a big part of who I am. I am a student, a tutor, and friend. Most of all, I am someone looking to be the best version of myself, but isn't that what we are all doing? 

I am a double major at Linn Benton Community College (LBCC) studying psychology and journalism. I transferred from California at the beginning of this year, and so far, it's been nice. I had trouble at first since a few of my classes didn't transfer, but other than that, it's been pleasant. I graduate after this term with my AA and am looking to start my education for my BA. The end goal is to work towards my master's in psych and work under someone else's study in California. 

I took a photography class when I was pregnant, in California and learned quite a bit from it. It was honestly one of my favorite courses. John Hart from the Bakersfield California was the professor, and he was one of the most motivating instructors I have ever had. That class was one of the reasons I fell in love with photography all over again. I am looking to find that spark once again.

I started taking a Photojournalism course at LBCC, which has required me to make this blog. Oddly enough, since I have become a mother, I've wanted to create one anyway. Basically, this class gave me a reason. I have multiple goals as I enter this class. Due to my competitiveness, I will challenge myself to earn an A. From a realistic perspective, I will probably struggle between being a mother and a student since my fiance works through the nights and is hardly up during the day. My three main goals are to work on becoming a better photographer. I have always wanted to be and have a real passion for it. I also want to learn how to tell a WHOLE story through one picture; it is very inspiring. Lastly, I want to see that admiration I used to have every time I held a camera. Somewhere between life, being a mother, a wife, and a support system, I've lost that. 

Comments

  1. Nice, very nice. I am a transplant from California too; plan on staying here. Had the same articulation problem with most of my transfer credits becoming TR 1xx so no actual credit in the subject matter much less the actual class. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts